Monday, November 21, 2005

lost and found

most of the time, we feel that we have to search for God. this search may be in the form of relentless questions about the meaningfulness (or meaninglessness) of our lives or of constantly working to earn God's favor. God is sometimes seen as a Somebody-out-there who we have to please and follow.

yet in the silence of prayer and in the solitude of our hearts, we realize and feel that God is never away from us, that we are never with out-God. our God is a God has chosen to dwell in our hearts not because they are perfect but because He loves us. He is God-with-us, a God who constantly and lovingly abides in us.

ours is a God who is not gnawingly-distant, but tenderly near.


wanderings

i thought i had to go
and run that extra mile
i thought i had to strive and work
to earn your longed for smile
i thought i had to leave
to reach that special place
i thought i had to prove my worth
to fin’lly see Your face

i need to find my Lord
i need to hear my name
i need to rest my weary heart
i need to end this pain
i need to see my Lord
i need to hold His hand
i need Someone who’ll be with me
Someone who’ll understand

i walked the unknown roads
i swore i’d never cease
i climbed the highest mountain peaks
i crossed the stormy seas
i soared the burning skies
in search for my lost home
i passed beneath a million stars
yet found myself alone

until that fateful day
when love showed me the signs
when loving grace revealed to me
You were with me all this time
until that fateful day
when my life changed its course
when i let go of all my will
and knew that i was Yours

forever,

Yours


-mirador.jesuit.villa
10pm; rm.12-b
101905

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Galing!!! Goodluck!!! Hehe spechless...


Persia

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe wrong spelling... speechless pala...God Bless!!!

Persia

7:00 PM  
Blogger sonoftheprodigal said...

Beautiful!
Your poem is already posted in hopkindsbrood.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Photography said...

You're Ignatian already. Amen.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Doc Woofy said...

Bro,

Wow. Your words are simply... Inspiring. :)

Galing!

woofster

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home